Greetings, Bird Lovers

I've been around bird most of my life. When I was a toddler, my parents named our budgie Bert, since I couldn't yet pronounce "bird." My dad's parents had doves and lovebirds. My mom's had homing pigeons, raised budgies and even ended up with a stray attack rooster, who was practically bigger than me and didn't like me much.

In 4th grade, my grandparents let me pick my very own budgie, and I've been blessed to care for five of my own. In high school I volunteered at what is now the World Bird Sanctuary, once finding myself surrounded by baby emus. And I've more than a few times stopped traffic to rescue injured birds.

With a lifetime of bird experience, and often receiving questions on birds and bird care, I created this page to more easily share a few "wing tips" and helpful resources.

Feel free to comment with any questions, and take good care of those feathered friends! (:}>

Birdy Baskets - Portable Perches

I'm still glad to make these if anyone would like one. Here's the lowdown...

Birdy Baskets are portable bird perches complete with toy holders, perfect for keeping your bird occupied and catching messes. Easy clean up makes them ideal for you and your companion.

Birdy Baskets are made with bird safety in mind. All baskets are unfinished, all fabrics are 100% cotton and all toys are bird safe. Baskets are created without the use of glue. Each basket can be specialized to suit your interests, and even to fit some bird’s names.

Small Birdy Basket: $20 (plus s&h) Recommended for budgie and cockatiel sized birds.

Medium Birdy Basket: $25 (plus s&h) Recommended for quaker and conure sized birds.

(Not recommended for especially destructive birds.)

No comments: